What is Functional Medicine, and how it can improve your health.
A traditional visit to a medical doctor usually ends with a prescription and a referral to a specialist.
Functional Medicine, is a science-based approach to health issues where the goal is to get to the root cause of disease. You will not leave with a “Band-Aid. Functional Medicine is all about YOU, your health, and not a disease.
I am a certified nutritionist and naturopath with 30+ years of success. I help people feel and look healthier to accomplish more in life.
So, what is Functional Medicine?
- Understanding the brain to gut connection
- Getting to the root cause of symptoms, not simply putting a Band-Aid on them
- Learning your vitamin deficiencies and not simply taking a multivitamin. (Taking precisely what your body needs to feel amazing!)
- Eating for health, wellness and longevity, not just to fill your stomach with food.
- Get your hormones balanced, so you feel and look fantastic.
- Make sure your thyroid and metabolism work for you and not against you.
- Get comprehensive bloodwork done so you can learn more about yourself.
- Making you and your health priority #1
Yes, I know you and your life are busy, and you do not always have time to prepare healthy meals. Eating a healthy diet does not have to be complicated, and it can make an enormous impact on your day and your family’s day. Understanding what is functional medicine is and how it can benefit your life starts with what we put into our bodies. If your gut is happy, you will be too.
True Story to Describe What is Functional Medicine: Lady, age 50, has an appt with me. Her symptoms are fatigue, hair loss, and brain fog. Instead of simply giving her something to improve her focus and energy, I will look for the why. Comprehensive blood work showed a slow thyroid, high insulin, and low iron. Food intolerance testing showed many food reactions, which means she is most likely not absorbing her nutrients well.
Two weeks later, at her follow-up, she feels better, and we are on the right path to improving her health. YAY!
Nutritionally Yours is a wellness clinic. We work virtually and have a location in Atlanta, Ga, where we help people feel better every day.
Hey! I’m Alane Stieglitz-Wincek. I grew up on sugar and plenty of junk food and had no clue how my diet effected my health.
I changed my life and have worked as a holistic nutritionist and naturopath, for over the last 30 years. I help people get healthy, fit and lean, find hormone happiness and recover from all sorts health challenges.
Obsessed With: my family, my dog, my clients, loving life, and living it to the fullest!