Why Am I Not Losing Weight? Atlanta, Ga
holistic nutritionist, metabolic specialist, naturopath, author
678-372-2913 / email@example.com
March 3, 2022
Learn the Top Reasons You Are Not Losing Weight and How to Fix it! Atlanta, Ga
Hi, I am Alane a certified, holistic nutritionist that loves to help women get healthy, fit and lean and figure out why they are not losing weight in Atlanta, Ga
Every day I hear about health problems from women, including their struggles with not losing weight. Most clients, especially those over the age of 40, say the numbers on the scale will not go down even if they are eating healthy. Some have cut calories so much they are starving and still have not dropped those extra pounds they need for better health.
The reasons many people are not losing weight can be different for everyone! The key is to figure out why your body is struggling to lose weight, long-term and keep it off. Your weight loss goal can be met if you know what your body wants you to do to fix it. A friend and trainer I know always say, “Numbers don’t lie.” The answers are always clear when counting numbers (protein, net carbs, fat, fiber) from the food we eat and looking at blood test results.
Here is a list of items I check for when clients from Atlanta, Ga ask me why they are not losing weight. Their goal is to get to a healthy weight, increase muscle mass, and have a realistic weight loss strategy that works for them.
- Hypothyroid (thyroid is NOT just about TSH, do not forget T3, Free T4. Free T4 and your thyroid antibodies.
- Adrenal stress – YES, that nasty word “stress” can increase cortisol and thus will be one reason you are not losing weight.
- Excess hormones stuck in fat cells – blood tests tell you which hormones are in the blood, but they do NOT tell you which hormones are stuck in the tissues, thus leading to why you are not losing weight.
- High leptin – I’m not too fond of this hormone. One of the main reasons women over 40 are not losing weight is when they are eating a high-fat diet or a high carbohydrate diet. I have mastered high leptin, and I can easily teach you what to do.
- Lack of exercise – yes, we all need to move at our own pace. Some people can go to the gym and run for one full hour, and others can barely make it around the gym machines for 20 minutes. Finding YOUR best exercise routine can help. Once in a while, but not often, we see perfect labs, and the answer is to sweat out the yuck at the gym.
- Toxins – YES, those daily toxins that we breathe into our bodies can contribute to someone not losing weight. Toxins get stuck in fat cells, so the more toxins, the more weight someone may have. Toxins lead to endocrine disruptors and more fat cells.
- Poor diet – sorry, but yes – you are what you eat. We will show you healthier ways to eat and teach you how to enjoy your food. Everyone needs a cheat day; we understand that, but you need to learn WHAT You can cheat on to prevent weight loss.
Nutritionally Yours in Atlanta, Ga, understands how to find the top reasons you are not losing weight. But what works for one person may not work for another. The idea is to get tested and learn more about yourself, so weight loss becomes more manageable.
Ready to figure it out? YAY!
Book Your Initial Appointment Now!
Hey! I’m Alane Stieglitz-Wincek. I grew up on sugar and plenty of junk food and had no clue how my diet effected my health.
I changed my life and have worked as a holistic nutritionist and naturopath, for over the last 30 years. I help people get healthy, fit and lean, find hormone happiness and recover from all sorts health challenges.
Obsessed With: my family, my dog, my clients, loving life, and living it to the fullest!